Creative Cloud is the future. Fireworks not will have it

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
krollian

Creative Cloud is the future. Fireworks not will have it

Post by krollian »

Creative Cloud is the future. Fireworks is the second good application to be killed by Adobe.

You must be productive with no productive applications. Hey , Adobe what will be the next good application to be killed?

http://thenextweb.com/dd/2013/05/06/yes ... -bug-fixes

Adobe. You are so creative killing competition...

- - - -

In spanish:

Adobe muestra lo que para ellos es el futuro. Acabar con las aplicaciones que son realmente productivas. Primero FreeHand, ahora Fireworks.

Muy bien, Adobe. Sois muy creativos eliminando la competencia...
Working in prepress since 1992 in Macs in Spain. Diseñador Gráfico trabajando con Macs desde 1992 en España
caspian

Re: Creative Cloud is the future. Fireworks not will have it

Post by caspian »

So the reason Adobe won't release Freehand is that they used some of its patents in Fireworks. But now that they're no longer going to develop Fireworks, wouldn't it make sense for them to relinquish the code to Freehand so it could be open sourced?

Eh, just thinking out loud. Maybe this new situation changes the legal landscape, which I realize is probably a moot point at this time.
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

caspian wrote:So the reason Adobe won't release Freehand is that they used some of its patents in Fireworks. But now that they're no longer going to develop Fireworks, wouldn't it make sense for them to relinquish the code to Freehand so it could be open sourced?
Eh, just thinking out loud. Maybe this new situation changes the legal landscape, which I realize is probably a moot point at this time.

Fireworks came after FreeHand so it won't make a difference if it is gone, but you have a point. Way back in the 90's, Macromedia felt that the direction of their apps should be web and live content so FreeHand—being primarily print oriented—had to veer into line with Dreamweaver and Flash. Over the years, it had more and more coding built in until FHMX was capable of full-on animation. For better or worse, this is where FreeHand was when Adobe acquired Macromedia. So, why did Adobe want Macromedia? As we all know, Flash. There is where you have a point, except it isn't Fireworks.
daliu

Post by daliu »

You need more of the statements in this matter, so that we can understand. Thank you for sharing. I hope you happy

FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

daliu wrote:You need more of the statements in this matter, so that we can understand. Thank you for sharing. I hope you happy
Flash killed FreeHand's future, in my opinion. FreeHand was a drawing application until Macromedia wanted it to create animation like its other products. That was a mistake. If Macromedia left it as only a draw program—and not a Flash animator—it might have had a different future after the merger. Remember one big reason why Adobe wanted Macromedia? Flash
http://www.tnl.net/blog/2005/04/18/adob ... acromedia/