Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm

Quasado Gravit

Empower Layers and reduce Object Styles

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)

Empower Layers and reduce Object Styles

Postby quasado » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am

Hello,

This is an already made decision yet we'd like to definitely hear your opinion about this. As you may know, Freehand uses a mix of vector- and raster effects to be applied to shapes. This is something we'd never really liked and instead, due the current rewriting of the rendering engine, we've decided to have only vector effects on styles and raster effects on layers. The positive effect is that you will end up with a combination of a raster-editing software mixed with a vector-editing software without them disturbing each other or loosing capabilities.

Let us know your thoughts!
Alex
quasado

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Empower Layers and reduce Object Styles

Postby qwasian » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 pm

I think in principle I agree with your proposed approach of the separation of vector and raster if it would allow for a crisper, more streamlined user experience. I find raster effects in illustrator and FH11 frustrating and unwieldily. That said I would need to sit down and give it a test drive to be completely sure. not sure if this diatribe has helped you much.
qwasian

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Cheryllion » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Not exactly sure what you mean -- your language for certain effects might be different from mine. One of the most important things to me is the ability to open older Freehand files, so would this affect that?
Cheryllion

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Axt » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm

As long as you can get even complex designs through a RIP without choking the RIP ... everything goes for me.
Axt

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Quasado Gravit

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum