Reverting the name to Expressive?

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)
Psuberville44ja5vP

Re: Reverting the name to Expressive?

Post by Psuberville44ja5vP »

I agree. Expressive is much better than anything posted so far.
erdesign

Post by erdesign »

Expressive is an excellent name, PLEASE go back to it unless there's a legal conflict with the niche speech impairment software apps sold for the iphone and ipad.

For the record, I loathed StageStack!!
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Expressive seems too close to the competing vector drawing app, Expression. Plus this is Microsoft and I don't think any confusion here would be good. http://www.microsoft.com/expression/pro ... esign.aspx

If it was changed to Xpressive, unfortunately, it then looks like XPress (which is Quark's product).
Quasado Xpressive ... QuarkXPress
slopes

Post by slopes »

What About......... Impressive (!?!?) :D

EDIT: Or - Impression (fits nicely with the print/cmyk aspect, as well as 'making and impact').

EDIT2: Or - 'Quasado Impress'
excursioner

Post by excursioner »

Yes, Expressive is fine, phonetically better and easier to say. Keep up the awesome work, 'cause we Freehand users are your fans.
excursioner

Post by excursioner »

Matthias wrote:I think “Expressive” would be ok, a far cry from “StageStack“. I find it too close to Xpress, though (which is cooler, too).

Anyway, I’d prefer Freestyle™.
In my ears a noun has more attitude and punch than an adjective.
If you would like another proposal Freestyle would also be a choice to me!

Quasado Freestyle. 8-)
rowettd

Post by rowettd »

Apparently, I did not make myself clearly understood in my previous post, so let me try again.

As much as we may prefer the name Expressive, Quasado cannot use this name, as it already belongs to software developer Smarty Ears, LLC to identify their iPhone/iPad app that helps autistic children communicate. Even if Quasado were able to legally wrestle away this name from Smarty Ears, it would be horrible public relations. Picking on autistic children is not the way to enhance your image.

Quasado must follow through on its naming contest and avoid any further appearance of flakiness.
citoplan

Post by citoplan »

Go for it!

Daniel Hoogendoorn
Cito-plan b.v.
Mraj

Post by Mraj »

I just arrived here and was astonished to see that the good name "Expressive" was changed into the bizarre "Stagestack".
So as a FreeHand addict, I would stick to "Expressive" which in my opinion is more in the FreeHand spirit.

Michel
Head

Post by Head »

rowettd wrote:Apparently, I did not make myself clearly understood in my previous post, so let me try again.

As much as we may prefer the name Expressive, Quasado cannot use this name, as it already belongs to software developer Smarty Ears, LLC to identify their iPhone/iPad app that helps autistic children communicate. Even if Quasado were able to legally wrestle away this name from Smarty Ears, it would be horrible public relations. Picking on autistic children is not the way to enhance your image.

Quasado must follow through on its naming contest and avoid any further appearance of flakiness.
Excellent point. But didn’t Alex already say that Quasado owns the trademark for ‘Expressive’?

Regardless, I doubt that anybody is going to be ‘picking on autistic children’ and there certainly needs to be a degree of sensitivity here on both sides.

After all, the two applications are totally different and non-competitive products, and by mutual agreement could surely coexist quite respectfully, even under the same name?

Still, it’s a good thing that you bring this to everybody’s attention.