Beta Testing

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)
ed berland

Beta Testing

Post by ed berland »

I've been a FH user since the Aldus days and have a fair amount of experience in FH and most of the other drawing/dtp applications. I was a beta tester for a number of apps in the early days of dtp, most notably ReadySetGo, the first dtp application, and others like LaserPaint.

While I understand Expressive is not to be an exact replacement for FH, it should offer the same level of functionality and the ability to work with varying OS upgrades. I run multiple MAC OS versions to keep my rather large software collection functional. Since Rosetta is required for the last working version of FH, Snow Leopard is my main OS.

Once Expressive is to a point where outside testing is needed, I'd be happy to volunteer my services as a beta tester. I'm sure there are others with the necessary skill sets that would toss their hats in the ring, as well.

My hat is off to Quasado and their developers in this endeavor.

Cheers,

Ed Berland
Berland Design Group
Bigfootwingnut

Re: Beta Testing

Post by Bigfootwingnut »

I would test as well.

I have been using Freehand since version 3 in 1989. I still do not find find Illustrator intuitive.
vaa

Post by vaa »

Me beta too. I've used FH since 2.5 and also did other things w. it – graphic design, seminars.

And I'll repeat: I hope some of the Macromedia FreeHand hands will feel wellcome to lend a hand.
Last edited by vaa on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axt

Post by Axt »

Hi, I'm was one of those (rare) Laserpaint*-users too. (* remember the floppy with the little hole in it). Freehander since v1. AI since '88. PSD since BarneyXP/Barneyscan. And so many more...
Would be happy to test!
Uli

Post by Uli »

Me, too! I have to work daily with Illustrator since a few years.
My FH3 was running well on the LC II – maybe Stagestack is better?
quasado

Post by quasado »

Hi,

Private Beta will be available to all backers, public beta for everyone :-)

Alex