My FreeHand MX dies

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
Ericksign

My FreeHand MX dies

Post by Ericksign »

Mac OS X Tiger version 10.4.11

For one week, I'm starting to have problems with FreeHand 11, I try to open old documents that may have attached pictures or not, and closes the program if I am working on a document, new or old, and open preferences, closes FreeHand If I paste or place a jpg image in a document is closed, and so constantly, documents just now could be opened, at 5 minutes and not let you.

The only solution I have, is opened in Illustrator, make a copy-paste and return to FreeHand, these if, while this document has no images attached, because if not, when you stick it in FreeHand closes the application.

What could be because of this?
Can you help?

I started working as a designer for the year 1992 and have always worked with FreeHand and I refuse to work with Illustrator.

Greetings
art101

Re: My FreeHand MX dies

Post by art101 »

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm running FH MX 11.0.2 on a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac running OS X 10.5.8... it's stable and runs fine (a few features like "snap to grid" don't work but nothing major I can't work around). This version also ran fine on OS X 10.4x.

You might want to try updating (free if you have a registered copy of 11.0.1) to 11.0.2... check out this page: http://www.adobe.com/support/freehand/updaters.html

Also try the regular trouble-shooting stuff... Verify/Repair Permissions with Disc Utility, run a repair utility such as OnyX (excellent shareware which seems to find and repair things Disc Utility doesn't), etc. Hope this helps! I've been using FH since v1.0 back in the late 1980's. I used to beta test new versions when it was still an Aldus product - heh.
"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."