Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm

Quasado Gravit

Open letter about Stagestack

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)

Open letter about Stagestack

Postby quasado » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

Hi,

Here's an open letter about stagestack:

http://www.stagestack.com/blog/blog-pos ... tagestack/

Please let us know your thoughts (best as comment on the blog entry).

thanks!
Alex
quasado

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Open letter about Stagestack

Postby FFH Thü » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Dear FreeHand Forum members.

Unfortunately, Quasado is experiencing the same problem now like we did when we tried to sue Adobe. We had over 6000 members. They all had so much interest in FreeHand as to become part of our movement, and we heard so many voices complaining about FreeHands fate, so many people who set their hopes into our project, so many people writing how much they would be ready to pay Adobe for getting FH back – but very few, not even 0,5 % of them, was ready to support us with some money.

Now the fate of Stagestack (or however this FreeHand alternative will be called finally) is in your hands – unlike FH for which any money comes too late – Stagestack can be brought to life with your collaboration.

I have paid 1000$ myself to the Stagestack project, despite the fact that my family and I live on a tight budget. But I am very well aware how much my small business depends on FreeHand and thus, getting a worthy replacement for it.

Thank you all for your help!

Thü
FREEHAND FORUM
FREEFREEHAND
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Jules V » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

We need Stagestack but don't forget we are working too, wanting 'likes' and 'retweets' as a reflection of popularity doesn't give a true picture, many of us are working away day-to-day needing this application to really work for us....
Jules V

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby quasado » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 am

quasado

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Thü » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 am

I find both the shares and licenses idea good. Thinking, what you did with donations basically already is the license solution. And I will buy another one again any time. But why did not enough others also do this? We from the FHF got many mails each time we ask members to donate, telling us mostly those three things: "I have no money to spend right now". "I am not sure, what if Stagestack never comes out, I lose my money". "I have no Paypal account to send money".

For me, thats all cheap excuses. Most people still hope someone solves their problems for them, while being too lazy to really do anything about it themselves. We have seen it in 2005. When Adobe bought up Macromedia, the hope was they would let FH alive. Adobe played the hope card against us, in the end letting us down. We all did see it coming, but hoped Adobe would come to reason. It was working because we all were too lazy to stand up against it in time, a laziness fed by hope.

About the excuses:

"I have no money to spend right now"
Except if you live on the street and have to eat leftovers from other people, if you want to, you can afford to spend 25 Euro. Even if you live in one of the most struggling parts of Europe and/or are a student, you usually find enough money to go out and/or watch a movie from time to time. But most of you are designers, making at least some money by using FH. So it is all a question of will.

"I am not sure, what if Stagestack never comes out, I lose my money"
Without taking a risk, we will not get anywhere. Think about the risk Quasado takes in this endeavor, spending so much time and 100'000's of Euros. That, I call a risk. Spending 25, or 50 or 100 Euros without being sure to get something in return, thats not really a risk in comparison, is it?

"I have no Paypal account to send money"
Same as "I have no money". Where there is a will, there is a way. You don't even need a credit card in order to do this. A debit card or simply a bank account work too.

My apology
I know, some folks now think I am being harsh with my comment. And I know making you feel insulted will probably not change your attitude. For the past years I have tried to be polite and not speak it out because of that. But after our efforts with the lawsuit, we got so many bad and really insulting comments, most obviously many of them from people who expect others to solve their problems. This really changed at least my attitude.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby gudrunanna » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello forum
I like to know what will happen next
Are Ouasado going to continue work with Stagestack?

I did donate more money 10 days ago. That is my second donation.

Is something happening?
gudrunanna

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Quasado Gravit

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum