[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Help rename Stagestack/Expressive
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am

Quasado Gravit

Help rename Stagestack/Expressive

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)

Re: Help rename Stagestack/Expressive

Postby mf3 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Please not openhand! Sounds very remedial! We need to 'progress' from sounding as If we are just learning.
Anything but 'basic' openhand'
mf3

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby mf3 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Please. This is becoming silly! We can't call our new born app... Openhand or right hand! come on!
mf3

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Axt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 am

Not so hasty people.
I think it needs a second round.

To be frank: I don't like any of the suggestions.
Should be short, something you remember easily. (e.g. "Kodak" or "modo").

I was thinking about "Verus producer" or "Tractus designer or "Directa Ex" but they're also rather long... so I suggest "Graphit"
Axt

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Pixero » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 am

Artpen.com seem to be free.
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby ezio.massera » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:40 pm

oh nooo... "openhand" è veramente ridicolo.
Ci vuole qualche cosa di più originale!
vabbeh... chi se ne frega del nome.
ezio.massera

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Akazett » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I, too, am very surprised by the popularity of "openhand" (which I don't like at all).

But even more I'm surprised about the suggestions that quasodo chose for their list.
1. I was really surprised to find names that I have not read in the thread. Where were "kuduu" or "newblack"? (Try and look for it!)
2. I'm also wondering about all the common words (such as "paradigm" or "progression"), because "searching for it brings up a lot of negative results" was one reason to rename "expressive".
3. But most of all, I'm wondering about those suggestions that add an "app" to the domain name. Maybe I took the criteria too seriously, which, in point 3.), clearly stated that ".com domain is free without any pre- or postfix"

I - and I think some of you may also - have a long list of also interesting names, which weren't posted because - of course - the domains aren't free (vextar, invector, vexpressive, graphicline, xsign, whiteboard, disegno, artego, drawstar, stardraft, masterhand, signwork, duktus …)

So, please, let's forget about this challenge!
Call it - however
Akazett

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Angee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:01 pm

I like the name Openhand very much because it was my idea ;-)
This name has some connection to the old name Freehand, and has much symbolic character in it for some logo with an open hand with drawing tools in it.
That Openhand is not open source doesn´t seem a clue for me, Freehand wasn´t free either.
Maybe Quasado will make parts of it open source, or a free version with less features in some future time or a normal free version and a pay premium version...
Angee

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby raneels » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Sorry I'm I'm late - but here is my 2 cents worth - along with some suggestions. I'm afraid I didn't have much time to contribute - or research some of the name I'm suggesting below, if they were already mentioned, please ignore. I can submit another 20 to 50 good names but only by the end of the week. My apologies in advance for any errors typed it, or ideas that were already submitted - thanks!

DesignPro

Freemind

FreeCreate

Cre8me

Cr8tor Pro

Design it

DesignMaster

Creativ

TopDesk (like Desktop)

Designverse

Versus

Xpres.so
(use of a word where we can integrate the domain name as well, even it is not a .com, I suggest we think of the country you want to register the domain name and find it's code and use that to complete the word - it's referred to as a domain hack - nifty - in this example it would be www.xpres.so. and the product would be simply called xpresso - as in a stimulant for creative ideas, expresso - like a hot coffee, like java, etc.) - again domain names, and extensions, etc - have to be researched further)

Simple or simp.le

Simplfy

Simply Fly

Imaginate

Imagin8

StyleMe

MindSync

SwatchPro

Mind-nificent

DesignerPath

PathPro

PathMaster

PathWay

ColorHead
raneels

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby quasado » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 am

quasado

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby cyclopsdx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am

I really appreciate you guys at Quasado trying to please everybody on this forum and it's amazing how responsive and proactive the community is with helping out on the naming convention. Just wondering if we're rushing into the name-change a bit too quickly and should keep this line of discussion open on the forum for a while, so that the product can further define itself whilst in the development phase?

It's absolutely crucial that we have both a killer app and a name that not only pleases us as immediate users but also has the ability to attract other designers/artists/architects, etc. that may be looking for an opportunity to try something other than Illustrator.

What I'm saying is, don't rush it if it's something you're able to spend more time evolving into something really special. I'm quite happy for you to use Stagestack/Expressive as a working title for the time being.
Eddie Deighton

cyclopsdx

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

PreviousNext

Return to Quasado Gravit

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum