Expressive renamed "Stagestack"

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)
FFH Thü
Site Admin

Expressive renamed "Stagestack"

Post by FFH Thü »

Quasado will explain the reasons for the rename soon. Please also change your links from www.goexpressive.com to http://www.stagestack.com
FH Addict

Re: Expressive renamed "Stagestack"

Post by FH Addict »

Hard to pronounce :cry: …hard to communicate on it :roll:
briwells

Post by briwells »

I think Stagestack is an awfull name. It doesn't roll off the tongue, and doesn't convey the description of the application. The name "Stagestack" is to "Ilustrator" what Microsoft's "Surface" is to "ipad". Adobe should be rubbing their hands together in glee. Nevertheless, I wish to donate towards the development but the paypal form is in German! Could we have an English version please?
quasado

Post by quasado »

You're right, don't know why that was happening.. anyway, the paypal donation page should be back in English now, can you try again?

thanks,
Alex
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Oh boy! Stagestack is an utterly terrible name. I hope Quasado will change it before it hits market.

I really think this name would be a huge obstacle for sales, one cannot even easily vocalize it. And otherwise it sounds like some underlying middleware for audio purposes.
quasado

Post by quasado »

Hi,

Would u say we should make a challenge ti let the community find a proper name?
We're just scared that (almost) no one would take part in that challenge, having it all ending up in a no-brainer, what u think?

Alex
matt

Post by matt »

This doesn't look good guys. So the app has been in development for 2.5 (part-time, I presume? otherwise that's nothing you should boast about) and only a week or so after it was publicly promoted there is a name change?! Crazy.

Of course, I wish you luck but I doubt I will donate any money now. Every new thing I see about the new app leaves me less willing to give you my money.
Jules V

Post by Jules V »

Think the name change was a good move, lots of other associations with the old name to other products, good luck on the build, looking forward to seeing it grow 8-)
DBXL Donald

Post by DBXL Donald »

I don't give a toss how it will be called, as long as it works well.
Can't beat Freehand in name anyway! ;-)
Christoph_Stahl

Post by Christoph_Stahl »

Matthias wrote: it sounds like some underlying middleware for audio purposes.
Second!
It also could be a new heavy metal band!

Whatever the search engine visibility was, I liked "expressive" a lot better, as it sounds like something to identify with as a creative person.
Choosing a name just because it has search engine visibility seems not such a clever thing to me. "illustrator" is also a name that has many meanings, Adobe and the *popularity* of the software only increased the searchability of the software name.

Maybe someone in this forum who is into marketing could give Quasado some advice...