[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Your expectations
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm

Quasado Gravit

Your expectations

Your input for Quasado's FreeHand alternative Gravit (formerly known as Expressive or Stagestack)

Re: Your expectations

Postby quasado » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 pm

quasado

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby tadpool » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 pm

NEW SOFTWARE
IMPORT
I would like "any" new software to be able to import my existing Freehand files into the new program. I don't expect seemless, but better than AI.
SPOT COLORS
I've worked in prepress and AI users can creat multiple version of the same spot color and it is difficult to get all graphics/object back to one version of the same spot color*. This has been one of my real gripes/headaches.
ACCESS LAYERS
*I would like to be able to click-down through the layers when multiple graphics are overlapping. InDesign has a similar feature - which I find useful.
PASTE-INSIDE
Have to keep this feature!
That's all for right now. - SoCal-U.S.A.
tadpool

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby daveleo76 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Here are some of the important Freehand features I want retained in the new 'Freehand Clone': (At least stuff I could remember for now. I might add more later on)
• The very wide space outside the page/es where we can put unused elements and photos which can be used later on. Unlike the VERY tight space available in InDesign.
• ALL Freehand keyboard shortcuts
• Multiple photo import unlike in Illustrator where you could only import one photo at a time.
• Exact clone of all Freehand windows

Here are some improvements / additions I want:
• In the current Freehand, color transparencies on top of photos do not appear when exported to PDF. I hope that would be fixed
• 'Multiply' option on color blocks/shapes and transparencies.
• Be able to open the latest Illustrator/EPS vector files
• More vector brushes. Not just the 'calligraphy tool' Freehand now has.

That's all for now. Thanks!
daveleo76

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby p_allan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Please, I would like to be able to open my old FH files. I have so many that I would rather not have to do all over again. Make it as intuitive as FH and be able to print in RGB. I know that CMYK is necessary to most of you, but don't lose RGB in the shuffle.
p_allan

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Thü » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Don't worry. RGB is the basic color mode of any application. It can not be lost and it is as essential for a design software as is CMYK anyway.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby prokoudine » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:12 am

prokoudine

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby vaa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 am

1- What FH docs doesn't FH open? I do not remember it happening to me, but I have few very old docs (they were mostly updated on customer demand at least once every second year so they are in FH 9, 10 or MX.
2- Is the idea of having a dedicated FH engine (perhaps under licence) to convert and THEN open vintage docs feasible?
3- A script which would search all FH docs on all HDs then convert them (in place or in one selectable location) to one usable format (keep the font live!) might be enough for most needs, whaddya think?
4- Whatever the complexity, I believe for many the conversion is essential.
I think that if FreeFreeHand has any leverage left on A. after this catastrophic negotiation, please, using it to obtain access to the necessary file format from A. would be the least thing they can still do. Reverse engineering does not sound promising…
vaa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby prokoudine » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 am

prokoudine

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Jules V » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:07 am

Would need spot Pantone colours please, pretty essential for corporate stuff :)
Jules V

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby gudrunanna » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 pm

HI FFH THU
Thank you for your effort trying to free freehand from Adobe.
Sadly it did not work out so we must go on with plan B. I like the idea about Expressive. My expectations and hopes are that this application will be able to open Freehand files. Also that in future you can do works in Expressive with similar tools like in Freehand. Paste inside is important. How color swatches work, punch tool and expand stroke. Also it is important to me that it will be easy to convert or paste Expressive files to Illustrator or InDesign. Because often designers need to deliver there artwork in those applications. I have already donated some money to Quasado. Hope that many people will do so also.
Let make this happen.
gudrunanna

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

PreviousNext

Return to Quasado Gravit

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum