Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm

FreeHand support

Need a faster Mac?

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Need a faster Mac?

Postby FFH Thü » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:27 am

I thought about getting a faster Mac. In fact, when I bought my actual Mac Mini in mid 2010, I counted getting on the next faster line of MacMini, as soon as they come out. But now, all actual Macs are running on Lion only and thats not an option because FreeHand does not work on Lion.

A problem, many of us face now.

For now, I think I will get happy just swapping my HD for an SSD, and getting the max. RAM of 8 GB, because even that little 2,4 GHz Core2 duo Intel Mac Mini is fast enough for most of my work. Just speeding up load times of OS, apps and documents will be a big change already.

But on the way to that decision I came along another alternative (besides buying a second hand top of the notch 2010 MacPro): There is a company in Germany who builds Mac clones (and yes, thats legal in Germany). Despite they offer machines for Lion now, I am sure they could get together a machine as fast as any actual Mac, who still runs on Snow Leopard. The company called PEARC.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum