Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am

FreeHand support

FreeHand MX and mac OS11

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

FreeHand MX and mac OS11

Postby Free Oz » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:44 am

Hi all you FH aficionados, hangers-in and other worthies.
Does FH work under the new mac OS11? I know Parallels has been upgraded to work under the new OS but what about FreeHand under upgraded Parallels?
I am scared sh#@less of upgrading my OS from Catalina (10.15.7) if FH is compromised or – god forbid – lost forever.
Really appreciate a knowledgable response ...
Free Oz

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: FreeHand MX and mac OS11

Postby lovejoy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 am

Hi
FH in parallels emulation of 10.6.8 works better than ever in Big Sur OSX11 / Parallels v16.5 and 17 on Intel Macs. The most stable and fastest combo to date

ARM based Macs (M1 silicone etc) Bad news.
Parallels cannot run any non ARM OS on an ARM chip. Parallels cannot run any windows software - except for the Beta of new ARM windows. Parallels cannot emulate/run any OSX pre Catalina.
Currently no ARM based chip can run any 32bit legacy software in any emulator or OS Win/OSX/Linux.

The Current crop of Intel based Macs are (most likely) the last Macs that can run FH in emulation.
lovejoy

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Free Oz » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:20 am

Great news for me, today, on Intel-based mac; bad news for tomorrow, when I will inevitably have to 'progress' to ARM. Clearly FreeHand is approaching its final denouement, to join the Edsel, Concord and the natural environment. Thanx lovejoy.
Free Oz

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby jensdrache » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Hi,
I have found a solution for Silicon Macs... I have installed Freehand on Mac Studio M2 Max... Stress tests still underway... I could use some help testing the stability on ARM/Silicon Macs.
jensdrache

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum