Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am

FreeHand support

FreeHand Color matching

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

FreeHand Color matching

Postby Handsfree » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:14 pm

I had a job this week which meant colour matching an imported (png) picture graphic and converting those colours to RGB or CMYK. Although I knew of the Toolkit eye-dropper it had never worked for me until now, and what a time saver that little device is hidden away on the toolbar! It will match the exact color without much fuss accurately. A short video clip of what I am talking about is below (mp4). A handy tip I think. Clip link (mp4): https://bit.ly/30xRfRz

Incidentally I still use a redundant software called to convert graphics to vector using Adobe Streamline 3 (which as a small stand alone utility) is far better than FreeHand's convert to outline capability. It will convert an image to illustrator 7 (.ai) which I then import into FreeHand MX cleanly. This is the best option I have found to do this (avoiding the dreaded Adobe CS range) which I have tried but it was never was quite as good as the original streamline 2 for accuracy and export into FreeHand. It is one reason I still keep a PPC running for pure graphics, that and FreeHand MX which I could not live without.
Handsfree

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum