Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm

FreeHand support

Freehand Bulk Link Update

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Freehand Bulk Link Update

Postby snaponafri » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:15 am

All our artwork has been done in Freehand. We needed to move the artwork files from one server to another. When we open the freehand file on the new server the image links are still pointed to the old server. Editing each image link will take a long time as we have on average 50 images per page on a 60 page document. We’re trying to establish what we can do to have Freehand pick up the new location without having to edit each link and change to new location. We have tried amending the mapped drive to point to the new server but Freehand seems to know this is different. For eg if we edit a link it says its location is N Drive / Images. If we amend the map drive to point to server B Images Freehand doesn't pick it up. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
snaponafri

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand Bulk Link Update

Postby Handsfree » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Could this be because you have moved the FreeHand files and not the imported images? I ask as a use a lot of my imports images are on different drives, so I am used to 'link not found' errors on picture type images which have to be 'updated' manually as it establishes the link on import and not when you open the document! The same thing can happen if the name changes for any reason. It cannot search for missing files like Quark or even InDesign, it just expects them to be in local and in the 'same directory'. Renaming the local directory is probably the problem as it its only last known link. Give that a try.
Handsfree

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum