Windows 7 FHMXa Object Window Blank With Error MSG

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
TomVinjeGLS

Windows 7 FHMXa Object Window Blank With Error MSG

Post by TomVinjeGLS »

Hi! I was just recently forced over to the PC side of things and downloaded freehand online. Everything worked great for 2-3 weeks but then this started yesterday. When I opened a new file, the object window was closed. I opened it and I received this message
"Could not complete your request because an unknown command was encountered" You can click ok, but the the window just sits there empty without and inof in it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom
Tlogan

Re: Windows 7 FHMXa Object Window Blank With Error MSG

Post by Tlogan »

Do the FreeHand files moved to windows have the file extensions on the end? Example "AlmostThere.fh8" or .fh9, fh10 or fh11???
Tlogan

Post by Tlogan »

Are you opening an existing file or creating a new file? Try saving the new file you create, make sure the extension is on the end of the file name and then re-open that file and see if the issue persists.
TomVinjeGLS

Post by TomVinjeGLS »

Hi. It does it both with an extension and without, or on new or old files. Here is something odd. I created a new user profile on this same computer. When I'm in that profile, it works. However the some of the other windows are a little sketchy from time to time......? I miss my Mac :)