Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

FreeHand support

Windows 7 FHMXa Object Window Blank With Error MSG

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Windows 7 FHMXa Object Window Blank With Error MSG

Postby TomVinjeGLS » Fri May 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi! I was just recently forced over to the PC side of things and downloaded freehand online. Everything worked great for 2-3 weeks but then this started yesterday. When I opened a new file, the object window was closed. I opened it and I received this message
"Could not complete your request because an unknown command was encountered" You can click ok, but the the window just sits there empty without and inof in it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom
TomVinjeGLS

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Windows 7 FHMXa Object Window Blank With Error MSG

Postby Tlogan » Wed May 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Do the FreeHand files moved to windows have the file extensions on the end? Example "AlmostThere.fh8" or .fh9, fh10 or fh11???
Tlogan

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Tlogan » Wed May 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Are you opening an existing file or creating a new file? Try saving the new file you create, make sure the extension is on the end of the file name and then re-open that file and see if the issue persists.
Tlogan

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby TomVinjeGLS » Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi. It does it both with an extension and without, or on new or old files. Here is something odd. I created a new user profile on this same computer. When I'm in that profile, it works. However the some of the other windows are a little sketchy from time to time......? I miss my Mac :)
TomVinjeGLS

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum