Running Freehand on Linux

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
raneels

Running Freehand on Linux

Post by raneels »

Hi guys, I'm still using Freehand but my organization has moved to Windows 10, and I'm still on an old WinXP box. I tried Snow Leopard, but that too is old - I don't like virtual machines. I've been using Freehand since 1999 and it's too late for me to change. I've tried Adobe packages, but it doesn't do it for me. To get to the point, I'm not familiar with Linux - does anyone know if Freehand works on Linux - can that be done, if so which distro of Linux? Many thanks
Pencilandinc

Re: Running Freehand on Linux

Post by Pencilandinc »

Freehand MX runs great on Linux through WINE which is an open source windows emulator. It runs great with WINE on all of the ubuntu-based distributions, I know for sure. Running great on ubuntu 14.04 & 16.04, zorin, and elementary Linux. One tip, if you want to export PDFs, you'll need to install a version of acrobat pro in WINE too. Acrobat pro 6, 7, or 8 works fine.
raneels

Post by raneels »

Awesome, thanks for the info. I need to try this out!
Hoping someday Freehand will return :)
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Saw this today, FREE 14-DAY TRIAL OF CROSSOVER LINUX: https://www.codeweavers.com/products/cr ... x/download
raneels

Post by raneels »

Titanlists

Post by Titanlists »

Same here, window 10 doesn't support, it works better in linux anytime. Hopefully
amirah

Post by amirah »

Thanks Pencilandinc for your information.
HankHogan99

Post by HankHogan99 »

I can also confirm that Freehand works wonderfully under WINE for RedHat distribution. My company has no issues with it at all.