Adobe website activation key for Freehand

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
Justin Swanton

Adobe website activation key for Freehand

Post by Justin Swanton »

Hi Everyone,

I need a legit version of Freehand for our company iMac (OS Sierra 10.12). 2 questions I'd like to ask:

1. Does the key Adobe offers on their website permanently activate Freehand:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/pol ... error.html

2. Will Sierra run Freehand? If not can it be tweaked to do so?

Many thanks in advance.
FFH Mark

Re: Adobe website activation key for Freehand

Post by FFH Mark »

Yes. That Adobe key will run FreeHand permanently. As for Sierra, it will not run FreeHand by itself. You need to install a virtualization program like Parallels or Fusion or Virtual Box or Crossover to run FreeHand. There are details on this forum as well as on YouTube for setting it up. We are all doing this.
3Don

Post by 3Don »

I hava an older iMac with OS 10.5 running it that had a HD crash that was replaced. I had FHMX (11) installed on it that was recovered but with a reinstalled OS on a new HD, FH would not reopen without the validation code.
The local Mac fixers company that repaired the iMac tried to run the validation code process by both internet and phone with no luck. They said the internet code process would not work and the phone validation was a steady Busy Signal.

Is the adobe validation process still operating? Can FH still be loaded and run on Mac OS's that support it?

The crash, as usual, came at a bad time, right in the middle of a project.
thanx in advance for any help or direction anyone can provide.
-3Don
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

The problem sounds like you are using the "new" validation code and trying to activate it via phone. Actually, there is no activation needed as it is a Universal Serial # that when typed into FH's information panel will automatically fire up FHMX.
Go back to this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/pol ... error.html and follow the instructions exactly. As long as you are using OSX 10.6 or less it will work!
Justin Swanton

Post by Justin Swanton »

FFH Mark wrote:Yes. That Adobe key will run FreeHand permanently. As for Sierra, it will not run FreeHand by itself. You need to install a virtualization program like Parallels or Fusion or Virtual Box or Crossover to run FreeHand. There are details on this forum as well as on YouTube for setting it up. We are all doing this.
Virtual Box looks like the most attractive option (being free and all...)

Can you point me to threads that discuss using it to open Freehand on Sierra?

Many thanks for help so far :)
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Justin, look at this page that covers all the virtualization options. Here is Virtual Box: http://macstrategy.com/article.php?114#virtualbox
JodieFoster

Post by JodieFoster »

Had a similar problem, all clear now. Thanks for pointing me to the sites! Very helpful!