[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Color fills on vector art
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 am

FreeHand support

Color fills on vector art

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Color fills on vector art

Postby RoyBoom » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:19 am

I'm working with kids and trying to get them doing some work for t-shirts. I want to take a coloring book page, scan it in, convert to vector and then fill in colors. I've done the trace and it looks pretty good but what do I need to do to it to fill the color? I click on the outline and it highlights around the space I want to fill, but when I try it only changes all my outlines to the new color. I've been searching the web but not finding what to do. Maybe someone could direct to a website or youtube that would give me some direction. I'm using Freehand mx 11 on PC. Thanks.
RoyBoom

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Color fills on vector art

Postby FFH Mark » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi Roy, it sounds like you have the STROKE selected in the color palette instead of the FILL. Switch to the FILL box on the far left side of the color palette.

You may also have a problem if the outlines are not "closed" paths. That is, each area to be colored must be a fully-enclosed shape. If you are doing a coloring book, wherever there is a space to be colored it needs to be independently outlined. For example, if you have a rectangle that you want to be colored yellow on one side and red on the other, you can't simply divide a rectangle box with a single line and fill it with two colors. You need to make two boxes and put them together to make the rectangle that then fills each side with a different color. Hope this makes sense.
Attachments
fh-color.jpg
fh-color.jpg (31.71 KiB) Viewed 11425 times
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Color fills on vector art

Postby RoyBoom » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:19 am

I think that is about what I've done now and it seems to be working. I go on my trace layer and click on the edge of the area I want to color and it highlights the outline of the area I want. I copy that outline, then go to my color layer and paste it there and it colors and I slide it into place. I thought there might be an easier way, but this seems to be working. Thanks.
RoyBoom

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum