Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 am

FreeHand support

Buying MacBook that will run FHMX

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

Buying MacBook that will run FHMX

Postby AndrewDAttiliis » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:02 pm

I want a backup for my 2009 MacBook in case it fails. My main concern is making sure that it will run FHMX well. What should my main considerations be? Will snow leopard run it? Anything else to look out for?
AndrewDAttiliis

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Buying MacBook that will run FHMX

Postby MichaelS » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi Andrew,
10.6.8 is the last system which will work for Freehand. So officially the "Macbook Pro early 2011" will be the last one which will run officially with 10.6.8. But the "late 2011" can also run with 10.6.8. You need a installed copy of this system on en external disc. Then you can clone it to the internal disc / SSD.
But a "much faster" alternative will be a virtualized 10.6.8 System. There are ways to install 10.6.8 in VM-Ware fusion or Parallels. That way you can buy actual Hardware. Keep in mind thea with VM-Ware you can only use one screen (I've found no way to get FM-Ware to use both screens of my Macbook and the external 30" display :-( )
MichaelS

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby AndrewDAttiliis » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:39 pm

| hi Michael S |

| Thank You very much for the information about buying a mac that will run fx | all that you mentioned is new to me, therefore, very helpful! |

andy a
AndrewDAttiliis

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Homer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:15 am

Snow leopard does run it I believe.
Homer

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby AndrewDAttiliis » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:25 pm

| Thanks Homer, very much! |
| am still dealing with this quandary as the macbook 2009 looks to be getting scarce | so all the info i can get is helpful and appreciated | makes me think me can get this freehand-dependent project finished | it is a marathon 710 pg peace and love coloring book |

| andy attiliis |
AndrewDAttiliis

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum