[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - FreeHand MXa and Windows 10
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

FreeHand support

FreeHand MXa and Windows 10

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.

FreeHand MXa and Windows 10

Postby zucchetti » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm

FreeHand MXa is compatible with Windows 10? If not, is there a way to use it with this SO? Thank you. Marco Zucchetti
zucchetti

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: FreeHand MXa and Windows 10

Postby Cheryllion » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:32 pm

I've been using it on Windows 10 with almost no issues. Once in a while there is a weird memory issue with it will cause the program to crash my screen or something like that. Usually it fixes itself without shutting the program down. And that happened when I was using one of the resizing functions in that window.
Cheryllion

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby zucchetti » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks for all
zucchetti

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby torrboy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:57 am

It has been a while since I had to reinstall MX and bring it up current to 11.0.2. I have the program and the 11.0.2 updater but there needs to be an interim step to upgrade to 11.0.1. I can't recall how I did the 11.0.1 upgrade. Hoping for some help. This is such an important program in my work. Thanks.
torrboy

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby omie12 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

zucchetti wrote:
> FreeHand MXa is compatible with Windows 10? If not, is there a way to use
> it with this SO? Thank you. Marco Zucchetti

I need to know this as well.
It's now July 2018 and I'm still on Windows 7 Pro.
My FreeHand MXa (11) works great on my win 7, but soon I'll need to get a new windows desktop.
Will my FH MX work on a new windows 10 desktop?... anyone have new info on this?
THANK YOU for any new info!
omie12

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Yes, you can upgrade and still run FreeHand. Read this post and comments at Microsoft's Community Forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/freehand-mx-on-windows-10-failure/da2c8898-8bcc-4745-b87e-a76620edcda0
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:06 pm

torrboy wrote:
> It has been a while since I had to reinstall MX and bring it up current to
> 11.0.2. I have the program and the 11.0.2 updater but there needs to be an
> interim step to upgrade to 11.0.1. I can't recall how I did the 11.0.1
> upgrade. Hoping for some help. This is such an important program in my
> work. Thanks.

I wouldn't go through all those updaters. Instead get a copy of the FreeHandMX trial version and you will have it in one install instead of several. Remember you can make a Trial version a Full version with the correct registration #. BUT be sure to read this article by Adobe for registering any Macromedia product you own: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-activation-error.html/
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby omie12 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you so much!! That is reassuring. :)

-The last couple of posts in that link you gave do seem a little worrisome though. (!)
Hoping I can keep my win 7 machine running at least a couple more years now.
omie12

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:17 pm

It seems those last posts might be related to Adobe switching the registration validation process. As I answered to another post (above) go here to get your validated registration for FreeHand and other Macromedia apps you own:
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-activation-error.html
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby omie12 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Thank you Mark.
I believe I did that a couple years ago, so perhaps I needn't worry so much about that particular issue then.
I'm bookmarking this thread for when I need to switch to Windows 10.
BTW We are still earning our living fulltime doing patent drawings on FH, on both Mac and PC. FH is PERFECT for the job, and AI just is not nearly as efficient for what we need to do. Go figure!
omie12

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Next

Return to FreeHand support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum