Quick view for Freehand MX files

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
daveleo76

Quick view for Freehand MX files

Post by daveleo76 »

Good day!

Do you guys know any quick view app that would preview Freehand MX files on a mac? I installed Sneak Peek/Art View but the resolution is horrible. Or do I just need to adjust settings somewhere? Thanks!

Dave
FFH Mark

Re: Quick view for Freehand MX files

Post by FFH Mark »

Dave, I have Art View and the key is raising FreeHand's file preview in the Preferences>Export. After that the previews will look good. The higher, the better.
FreeHand preview settings.jpg
FreeHand preview settings.jpg (42.41 KiB) Viewed 20259 times
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Forgot to add that it only applies to new files. Old files will need to be resaved with the preview resolution raised as well.
daveleo76

Post by daveleo76 »

Thanks Mark! A couple more things. Is there a way to preview the whole page? Mine only shows up to the objects/text then cuts it there. Can I preview multiple pages?
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

There are no multiple pages or assigning which page to show. I have ArtView in Mavericks and it shows my thumbnails instead of generic FHfile icon. If I preview the file (spacebar) it shows only the objects larger but not the whole page. Those seem to be the limitations.
daveleo76

Post by daveleo76 »

Ok, thanks again Mark!