alte extra oder Freehand Entwickler gesucht

If you need help with FreeHand or have Tips to share, here is your solution or ask for one.
MichaelS

alte extra oder Freehand Entwickler gesucht

Post by MichaelS »

Hallo zusammen,
bei der Überarbeitung eine alten xtras (ja, die lebe alle noch) wollte ich bei der Textersetzung diverse Steuerzeichen wie weiches Return oder Spaltenumbruch integrieren. Klappt aber nicht, FH gibt nicht preis welches ASCII-Zeichen ich da einsetzen muß. FHITextGetChar liefert immer nur ASCII 10. Das ist aber in "FH-Sprech" lediglich ein Absatzende. Nur einen Tab (ASII 9) kann ich sonst noch setzen. Ein Versuch mit FHITextGetCharWords ergibt hier aber auch nichts anderes aus. Nun bin ich am Ende meines Lateins und suche ehemalige die sachdienliche Hinweise geben können. Ein "künstlich" erzeugter Textblock mit allen 255 Zeichen hat leider bis auf die beiden bekannten keine weiteren Steuerzeichen ergeben. Und Versuche mit FHITextPutCharWords hab ich mir erstmal verkniffen nachdem die Ausgabe mit Get dort auch nur anstelle der Steuerzeichen ein ASCII 10 ergeben hat.

Viele Grüße
Michael
FFH Mark

Re: alte extra oder Freehand Entwickler gesucht

Post by FFH Mark »

Hallo Michael,

In English:
I put your question to some FreeHand devs for an answer so this may help:
It sounds like he is trying to insert control characters into a text block and they are getting lost except for linefeed and tab. He seems to think this worked at some point in the XDK.

FreeHand was never converted to unicode so I think that the “char words” were a localized 16 bit encoding (i.e. not UTF-16). I don’t remember how the encoding was determined or if you could set it from the XDK API. If you can set the encoding from the XDK API or call a platform specific API to tell it which encoding to expect it might help the old calls in FreeHand to succeed.

Also, he doesn’t say which platform (Windows or Mac OS) he is using. The internal calls to set the text are going to be different despite the core API / abstraction layer.
Also:
The XDK was partly a backdoor to a module we called DBIF (DataBase InterFace). There is a doc on the 1992 version of DBIF there too.

We used our own private 16-bit characters for some things.
They were in the 0xF000 to 0xF00F range.
If you can undo the zip encoding of the document body, you could probably do some hex dumps of files which only have text to find out what all our codes were were.
I did find reference to these:
PARTIAL_WORD 0xF001
KERN_PAIR 0xF002
GRAPHIC_CHAR 0xF005

I think these are unicode:
EOParagraph 0x000D
EOLine 0x2028
EOColumn 0x000B Vertical tab.
EN_SPACE 0x2002
EM_SPACE 0x2003
THIN_SPACE 0x2009
NB_SPACE 0x00A0
EN_DASH 0x2013
EM_DASH 0x2014
HYPHEN 0x002D
DISCRETIONARY_HYPHEN 0x00AD
USER_DISC_HYPHEN 0x001F
QUOTE 0x0027
OPEN_QUOTE 0x2018
CLOSE_QUOTE 0x2019
DOUBLE_QUOTE 0x0022
DOUBLE_OPEN_QUOTE 0x201c
DOUBLE_CLOSE_QUOTE 0x201d
DOUBLE_LOWER_QUOTE 0x201E
OPEN_CHEVRON_QUOTE 0x00AB Double chevrons
CLOSE_CHEVRON_QUOTE 0x00BB
OPEN_CHEV_QUOTE 0x2039 Single chevron
CLOSE_CHEV_QUOTE 0x203A
Michael, I do have a folder of source code for the FreeHand MXa XDK dated 2004, and a doc "ProposedXDK Enhancements" dated 2000. That I could send you.