[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Your feedback for the Adobe presentation
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am

Illustrator related FreeHand topics

Your feedback for the Adobe presentation

Make comparisons. Write about your experiences, impressions, problems or questions about working with both applications.

Re: Your feedback for the Adobe presentation

Postby FFH Mark » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm

FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby alexgab » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Well, by reading this presentation I've found even features that I was not aware back in time while I was using FH fulltime.

Over time, I getting used to work with AI, but my still BIG complains are: paste inside feature and the really poor-poor-poor text management, specially with soft breaks.

Regards
Alex
alexgab

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Vitaminado » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:21 pm

A great presentation indeed...people keeps on forgeting one of the most professional features in Freehand...THE HALFTONE PANEL...a tool you only see now in programs like Esko Artpro...

This tool gives you the power of multiple screens, dot shapes and angles in a single page.
Vitaminado

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby stoltenhoff » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

the presentation is great and i found some points i just did'nt know, although i'm using freehand since 20 years :-) also it's a surprise how bad illustrator is in 2013. adobe should distribute it as shareware.

thank you,
jan
stoltenhoff

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby garethglynn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 am

Information-wise, this is brilliant work.

I think it could be enhanced with a short snappy summary up-front to get the initial attention from managers who respond to 'elevator pitch' messaging.

I don't think 'Illustrator must be combined with
InDesign in order to replace FreeHand entirely' sends the right message, since Adobe clearly wants to sell CS (ID, AI, PS) rather than individual programmes.
garethglynn

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby krollian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Well. And what about select all the points of a square to convert them in curves at the same time? You must select 3, and then the last one (the fourth)...

Congrats for the document
;)
Working in prepress since 1992 in Macs in Spain. Diseñador Gráfico trabajando con Macs desde 1992 en España
krollian

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby gusto » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 am

I can't warm up to the MS-Paint-like paint-bucket dumper multi-cliking in Illustrator, I like to drag&drop the color from the mixer panel or drag&drop (one click, not two) with the FH eyedropper tool from bitmaps and vectors.
gusto

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby frederick » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 am

frederick

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Mark » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 pm

FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby yellowpaws » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:55 pm

After being lucky enough to attend a meeting with the Adobe team in which this presentation was shared (thanks Mark!), I have to say that I am more interested in see additional vector tools added to InDesign, than I am having them fix Illustrator.

I currently keep two iMacs on my desk, one with Freehand and an old operating system, and one with CS5 and the newer OS. I have been getting rather good at doing the bulk of my work in ID, using Illustrator to just open up EPS' for cut and paste into ID. I explained all of this to the Adobe team and expressed my desire for ID to be a more complete designer piece of software as I have no intention of spending any more time or money trying to fit Illustrator into my life. They seemed interested in that concept. So many of the "issues" I have with Illustrator have already been "fixed" in InDesign. Maybe it's the transition from PageMaker, but ID is just easier to use.

It's a thought anyway.
yellowpaws

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

PreviousNext

Return to Illustrator related FreeHand topics

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum