Illy CS5 FHMX Import Broken with FontExplorer Plug-In

Make comparisons. Write about your experiences, impressions, problems or questions about working with both applications.
Stage5

Illy CS5 FHMX Import Broken with FontExplorer Plug-In

Post by Stage5 »

Just so anyone else that has this problem won't pull their hair out trying to figure out what is causing it. I just updated this plug in and it broke importing FreeHand MX files into Illustrator CS5.1.0. Importing a FH11 file will open a blank document. I've sent a report to LinoType with the problem.

FontExplorerX Pro 3.1.1 - Build (6543)
File Name: FontExplorer X for Illustrator CS5.aip
version 3.5.0, by HLW

Mac OS - 10.6.8
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
FFH Mark

Re: Illy CS5 FHMX Import Broken with FontExplorer Plug-In

Post by FFH Mark »

Apparently the new FontExplorer plugin is causing other problems with Ai, not just FreeHand-related or with CS5.5. Here's a message from Linotype I saw on the Adobe forums:

"Dear Neil,

thank you very much for your email.

Unfortunately, new Plug-Ins contain a bug that has not occurred in the testing process.
We will deliver new versions as soon as possible via plug-in updater. In meantime, the only solution for customers with CS6 is to uninstall plug-ins and wait for update.
Customers with CS5/5.5 can either uninstall plug-ins and wait for new version, or revert to old plug-ins:

1. Please quit the FontExplorer X Pro

2. Download the FontExplorer X Pro (Mac) version 3.1.1
http://fex.linotype.com/download/mac/Fo ... erXPro.dmg

3. Install over FontExplorer X Pro 3.1.1 (replace existing application file)

4. Start FontExplorer X Pro and in Plug-In Manager, you can now get the default plug-ins if you click on "downgrade" button.

Should you have any questions or additional requests, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dejan Grbic
Customer Support "