Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm

Illustrator related FreeHand topics

FreeHand works... but Illustrator CS3 doesn't!

Make comparisons. Write about your experiences, impressions, problems or questions about working with both applications.

FreeHand works... but Illustrator CS3 doesn't!

Postby Cheryllion » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:41 pm

I have to use CS3 to open PDFs that customers send me -- Freehand just won't do that anymore, unless the PDF was created by me in Freehand.

Anyway, recently I've been trying to save the CS3 files or export them as PDFs and I get an "unknown error". I looked it up on the CS3 forums and it looks like it is a problem that a LOT of CS2 and CS3 users have had (I didn't look to see if CS4 users have the problem; also, PC and Mac users have complained about this) and so far here are NO fixes -- some tricks, like turning off "Zune" or deleting the Preferences file have worked temporarily for some of the posters. They haven't worked for others (or for me). AI tech support can't even find a fix. So now CS3 is pretty much worthless. Can I have my money back??

Hopefully future upgrades to FH won't have issues like this. I can't wait to get it back!! To be able to open a PDF in Freehand? Ah, heaven! :)
Cheryllion

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: FreeHand works... but Illustrator CS3 doesn't!

Postby Monika Gause » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

It's been quite aome time since I used that version, but I remember having had problems with it as well. They were related to Version Cue. This here helped me fix it:
http://joemaller.com/799/fixing-cs3-all ... en-saving/

I think you can also turn Version Cue support off (in Illustrator preferences)

Version Cue is now discontinued.
Monika Gause

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Illustrator related FreeHand topics

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum