FreeHand everyday

Make comparisons. Write about your experiences, impressions, problems or questions about working with both applications.
plummer design

FreeHand everyday

Post by plummer design »

Over the course of a workday much time is spent in Illustrator and InDesign for press items and so forth. There is a lot of Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver for web projects.
Yet anytime a drawing or original vector art item needs to be created, it is always done in FreeHand. Nothing else can match the ease of use or simple agility.

Still using FreeHand EVERYDAY.
Cheers,
Jeffery
FFH Mark

Re: FreeHand everyday

Post by FFH Mark »

plummer design wrote:Still using FreeHand EVERYDAY.
Cheers,
Jeffery

Me too!
FFH Thü
Site Admin

Post by FFH Thü »

There are many composers still using their beloved Amiga apps. And I will not cease to use FreeHand every day. I will never go over to the dark side.
caroleh

Post by caroleh »

I have half-heartedly tried Ai and just don't get it:-( I have loved FreeHand from the start, so simple, so user friendly, so printer friendly. I am self-taught and work by myself as a Graphic Designer and Illustrator and I dread thinking about having to start using Ai. I have just replaced my MacBook Air and of course Lion doesn’t recognise FreeHand so I am very upset. I still use it EVERYDAY on my Mac Pro and like others I also have thousands of FreeHand files. I am so glad to have found other people who think like me and dream for FreeHand to be freed.
Paintguy

Post by Paintguy »

I have Ai for a few things.. mostly translating files to FH10 so I can control the color separations, but I just don't understand how Ai can make "paste inside" so many steps.
BrianZ4

Post by BrianZ4 »

FreeHand rules! & Illustrator drools! I guess when FreeHand stops working on Mac I will switch to XP Pro version running under Parallels.
Handsfree

Post by Handsfree »

Me too. Why anyone would 'choose' to use 'Frusterator' is beyond moderation. I have tried a number of drawing programs and find 'speed','compatibility' and overall usability is still unbeaten. I would have been happier if Quark had bought FreeHand instead of 'Abode'. In the meantime I'll stick with MX, I even bought another Mac (PPCG4) just to run the last FreeHand MX version without using Rosetta.
fedezen

Post by fedezen »

Using it since 96.
Aspensound

Post by Aspensound »

Since 1996 too.
Fisherman284

Post by Fisherman284 »

I have used FreeHand since 1990 and also feel it is the best drawing/illustration program. I tried on 3 or 4 occasions to seriously learn Illustrator when new versions would come out but within two weeks would put the several hundred dollar program on the back shelf. I have emailed Adobe a couple of times trying to get them to consider improvements they could make to Illustrator to win me over but not one concern has been addressed. I now have the latest Mac OS that FreeHand will run on, so I will have to do whatever I need to do to keep this computer working.