Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am

Illustrator related FreeHand topics

Give your voice against Adobes plans

Make comparisons. Write about your experiences, impressions, problems or questions about working with both applications.

Give your voice against Adobes plans

Postby FFH Thü » Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 am

Here is a petition against Adobes cloud plans. Feel free to sign:

http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-s ... odel#share
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Give your voice against Adobes plans

Postby FFH Thü » Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 pm

To all of you designers: I recommend, buy the last version of CS that is good for you and stick with it. I am using CS4 (I went back after purchasing CS5 and found it sucks) and as a designer I am sure it has all I ever need. Why buy all those upgrades all the time? They bring nothing essentially new. 20 years ago I was able to do the same designs I do today - okay, since the 2008 versions it got more easy to do them - but basically, its still all the same. What I hate today is how much we depend on software all from the same dominant and ignorant company!
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Atelier FM » Fri May 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Das ist die Realität: wenn ich fremde CS-Illustrator-Dateien bekomme, analysiere ich gerne und stelle fest, dass 99% dieser Dokumente ebenso in Illustrator 3.0 erstellt werden können! – Das ist auch Realität: InDesigen-Jobs genauso mit FreeHand 5.0, aber mit einer wesentlich höheren Präzision! – Das wird auch Realität: Adobes Cloud, ein perfektioniertes Monopol und Apple sieht reaktionslos zu! - Mehr Chancen für ein "neues FreeHand" gibt es nicht! -- This is the reality: if I get strange CS Illustrator files, I like to analyze and realize that 99% of these documents can also be created in Illustrator 3.0! - This is also reality: InDesigen jobs can made by FreeHand 5.0, but with a much higher precision! - This is also reality: Adobe's cloud, a perfected monopoly and Apple seems to be unresponsive! - More opportunities for a new "Freehand" does not exist!
Atelier FM

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Adobe Creative Cloud

Postby FFH Thü » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Today I got an email from Adobe, titled: Answers to your Creative Cloud questions.

It seems, Adobe is having a hard time selling its Creative Cloud. In this email, they explain that you can use those apps without being connected to the internet. That you are not forced to use the cloud backup. That the apps are installed on your computer, etc.

I even believe them. For now. But imagine what will happen, once they have reached a critical mass moved over to Creative Cloud. We are already slaves to their interests. Adobe has always been manipulating us with their strategy of backwards compatibility restrictions - always been strong in abusing their market domination. But now after that move, they will have complete power over you and your work process. Maybe not instantly with this version of Creative Cloud. But with one that follows. And they will know precisely how to force you into it.

Be aware. Stay away from Creative Cloud!
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FH Addict » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 am

To me the most important thing above all is to keep Illustrator CS5 on my hard drive (even if I "play" with Illustrator CC). That's the only way to keep alive my FreeHand files ;-)
FH Addict

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Designers beware Adobe Creative Cloud

Postby FFH Thü » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:05 am

Print and design partners have recently asked me a lot about my opinion to Adobes Creative Cloud. Usually printers stay about 2 years behind the newest versions of OS and programs, because drivers for CTP (computer to plate) or CTF (computer to film) machines from Heidelberg, Lüscher, ESKO and others don't get updated so often, and/or because of costs involved. However, my advice has stayed the same and here are the reasons why: http://www.ecliptic.ch/designers-beware ... cloud.html

Most printers work with CS software only. And they have one subscription of CC on a separate computer in order to convert files back to their version of CS - just to stay compatible to customers and partners, not to work with it. They mostly share my critique about Adobes products.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Klaus Mengler » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi,
I cannot open the file. Can you check it once more, please. Thanks
Klaus from Germany
Klaus Mengler

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter