Astute Graphics Illustrator Plugins

Post and discuss about other good vector graphics applications.
aaffonso

Astute Graphics Illustrator Plugins

Post by aaffonso »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Astute's Illustrator plugins yet. They make my life when working with Illustrator, if not enjoyable, easier.

My favorite is VectorScribe, since it makes the AI bezier pen tool usable. Some details are very similar to Freehand, like you can drag the middle from a live segment to transform it into a curve.

http://www.astutegraphics.com/

I bought all of their plugins and I can say I couldn't be using Illustrator without those tools.
garethglynn

Re: Astute Graphics Illustrator Plugins

Post by garethglynn »

Totally agree with aaffonso, Astute plugins make Illustrator just about usable.
Adobe should hire Astute – who would work independently – to fix all of Illustrator's clunkiness.
saschabierl

Post by saschabierl »

Or the Astute guys should write a totally new vector app - it seems they know about user's needs - in contrast to Adobe!
Pixero

Post by Pixero »

I was in Contact with Astute a while ago asking for a Illustrator plugin that simulated the Freehand selection tool but they were not too interested. Maybe if more people asked them...
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

saschabierl wrote:Or the Astute guys should write a totally new vector app - it seems they know about user's needs - in contrast to Adobe!
Probably a conflict of interest with Adobe but damn, what a good idea. Astute knows their stuff and how to make vector design an intuitive experience. Every FreeHand-to-Illustrator convert that I know says Astute's plugins are mandatory.