Help to choose a vector app

Post and discuss about other good vector graphics applications.
LaurentR2D2

Help to choose a vector app

Post by LaurentR2D2 »

Hello,

I'd like some help to choose a vector app. I'm a beginner and I'd like to do some web design. I've read that vector app were a good help for that, but I don't know which one to choose. I've seen those ones :

Sketch : it seems to be very powerful, but quite expensive compared to other ones.
Artboard
Vector Designer

Which one would you suggest me for what I want to do ?

Thank you
FFH Mark

Re: Help to choose a vector app

Post by FFH Mark »

As a beginner, you may want to get your feet wet with an easy app to use and the ones you list will fit the bill. I say this because vector drawing is not like using Pixelmator or Photoshop where you are drawing/painting with pixels. Vector drawing is mathematically based using shapes, lines. and plotting connected points to create precise shapes, blends, and designs. As such, professional apps like FreeHand (which we all here favor) and Adobe Illustrator could be overwhelming at first. I'd go with Sketch or Artboard.
karbo13

Post by karbo13 »

You can try Inkscape, is free (Win, Mac, Linux) and you get very good jobs. But you save your work in SVG format (scalable vector graphic), PDF or EPS to save in vector format. The best is Freehand, of course.
Jules V

Post by Jules V »

Freehand is always the best, long may I able able to use it :-)