FreeHand editable drawing in QUarkXPRess

Post and discuss about other good vector graphics applications.
vaa

FreeHand editable drawing in QUarkXPRess

Post by vaa »

Hello,

anyone remembers how to position editable vectors from FreeHand (or – horribile… AI :-) into QuarkXPress so that I can edit and use some old (not complex) drawings with the QXP native vector tools? I seem to remmber it was possible but I forgot how, it's so long since I last did.

Thank you anyone!

best,

FFH Mark

Re: FreeHand editable drawing in QUarkXPRess

Post by FFH Mark »

I don't remember doing this in QXP, at least with QXP8-9-10. I did try copy/paste, import, eps, etc. again but nothing I did allowed me to edit the FreeHand art within QXP.

This is where InDesign is very compatible with FreeHand (we were talking about this on the FreeHand Discussion List a week ago.) I can copy my art in FreeHand, then I move to InDesign and Paste it into my document fully editable.

InDesign lets me resize it as well as edit all the anchor points. I can move the various parts around and I can recolor them. I can drag&drop a color from the IDs color palette onto any other color in the pasted FreeHand art and it will change the color.

What ID won't do is bring in any text attributes. So if I grab a FH text block and copy/paste it over to ID, it loses its style, point size, and color but keeps its alignment and editability.

FreeHand's color gradients also breakup (like they do in Illustrator) but FreeHand blends work fine.

It would be great if Quark XPress did this as well—but I was also hoping Quark would have bought FreeHand from Adobe a few years ago, too. ;)
vaa

Re: FreeHand editable drawing in QUarkXPRess

Post by vaa »

Thanks for the reply. That might mean I got my vectors intp QXp 6 or earlier, or more recently via InD with the InD2Q plugin. Duh.

Best wishes,

vlad