[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Gravit - Public Beta available out now
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm

Vector app alternatives

Gravit - Public Beta available out now

Post and discuss about other good vector graphics applications.

Gravit - Public Beta available out now

Postby gravit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello folks,

We're proud to present the first public beta (Beta3-Prelease) of Gravit, the free design tool in the spirit of former Freehand and Fireworks. We've been working hard the past months and we know that some features don't work (yet) though we're on it and we're improving every day. We'd be happy if you gave it a try and give us your valuable feedback on how we can improve and/or report any bugs you find.

The Beta is available at http://hub.gravit.io, the product site (which looks much nicer ;)) is available at http://www.gravit.io.

Thanks so much and looking forward to hear back from ya
Alex
gravit

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Gravit - Public Beta available out now

Postby Pixero » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Congratulations to a wonderful program. The GUI looks modern, stylist and with gorgeous icons. I like the way you made layers and pages and style tabs pop out just when you need them.
I also tried paste inside and it worked flawless even with gradients and also pasting into an object that akready have something pasted inside it. The only thing in this first test (in the browser on my ipad) that wasn't working was that the color chooser always defaulted to RGB colors. It should remember the last used color space or even have a setting for preferred color space. I'll dig deeper tomorrow. Great job so far.
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby gravit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 pm

thanks for the feedback, we highly appreciate when we did something right but also critique to get better of course :)
About the color -> You can set a global color mode for the document (klick the settings icon on the document properties for extended doc properties) -> there you can set either RGB or CMYK color and thus the color picker will remember for new colors.
For others, the color picker will always switch to the color-type you're currently editing, not sure if we could improve here though.

Yeah, we've recently added touch support so great to hear it works on an iPad. We're planning (for v1.5) to make it real touch-friendly considering better UI for touch devices and the such :)

Looking forward to hear more,

Alex
gravit

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Bertrude » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 am

Congratulation on getting the Beta 3 out. It's nice to see the extra functions and additions.

A suggestion with regards to the colours if I may. The document properties (cog icon) helps some way but there's still some confusion (for me anyway). When the colour box appears the sliders are CMYK but the table of swatches above it is still made up of RGB colours. It's a bit misleading as you'd expect these colours to then be made up of CMYK values not RGB. Perhaps when the colour mode is set to CMYK, this table should show a CMYK palette instead. Maybe it could be a colour spectrum or wheel, something to allow quick choices but not ones that revert to RGB.

The swatches palette (under a leaf icon - why?). I couldn't successfully drag any swatches to this but even if I could it's right across the other side of the screen which seems counter productive. Perhaps it would be more useful popping out on the right side of the screen near the colour mixer, or allow users to choose which side it could be on?

EDIT: My apologies, the swatches will drag over but you have to drag them to the line of text which says 'drop swatches here' or over an existing colour. I think it would be helpful if you could drag them to any empty space below in the column to add them, as dragging on top of an existing colour would be a more logical way of replacing it with another.

Get repeated crash when using keyboard command to arrange to front (CMD, Shift + Up Arrow). Seems to work fine via menu though. Please see attached error. Once the crash has occured, CMD + Q won't quit and the app has to be force quitted - minor annoyance :)

Multiple Pages - any reason why they don't share the artboard? They seem to exist in their own little universes. Making the uppermost invisible doesn't reveal the others. I'm assuming this is WIP but figured I'd mention it.

Mac version on 10.6.8
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-08-09 at 10.58.41.png
Screen shot 2014-08-09 at 10.58.41.png (87.8 KiB) Viewed 24168 times
Last edited by Bertrude on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrude

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Pixero » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:46 am

I can't seem to find the color preset setting. Is that available in the Windows version?

Also I noticed layers are stacked upside down. Shouldn't the top most layer be on top of the others instead of at the bottom?
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Bertrude » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:07 pm

On the Mac version it's the cog icon at the top right side of the document panel. I've attached a screen shot to hopefully help (it goes blue after selecting it).

Screen shot 2014-08-09 at 14.03.43.png
Screen shot 2014-08-09 at 14.03.43.png (33.51 KiB) Viewed 24158 times
Bertrude

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Pixero » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:38 am

Thanks, found it. That was well hidden... ;)
Maybe a menu for ducument settings would be a good thing.
Pixero

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby gravit » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Gravit Beta 3-Prelease 2 now available feature saving documents and exporting your assets! Go here to get it: https://github.com/quasado/gravit-hub/r ... g/v0.0.3.1
gravit

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Bertrude » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 am

Quick comment about the artboard colour. Will users be able to change this? I ask because I like drawing and doing bits off the side of the pages and the current dark background can sometimes mess with colour/values perception. Just a thought.
Bertrude

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Vector app alternatives

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum