Personal discount code

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
vaa

Personal discount code

Post by vaa »

You'll hopefully forgive me for being curious. I've seen such an amount of dismay over the agreement with A. and I am as dismayed as any of you, so I would like to know:
1: what are you going to do with the “discount”? Use it or trash it?
2: who is willing to give up any agreement with A. in exchange for being able to learn (and perhaps make public) what their true motives/justifications are (i.e. disregard the nondisclosure agreement)? No idea if this is feasible without heavy penalties, though.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

Re: Personal discount code

Post by FFH Thü »

If you mean to ask each members handling on this: I do not use that "discount". I have an older version of AI around, thats enough to get files over to FH. And I will never give up FH. I can stay on Snow Leopard as long as I need FH. Anyway, I only see negative developments in newer Mac OS versions, their goal seems to be a closed system, like on the iPhone. Dont ever need that.
Snaptophobic

Post by Snaptophobic »

I have "trashed" it. I have no desire to purchase newer versions of Adobe's software, even at a paltry discount.

I am content to move on with a legacy Mac to run FreeHand (sadly, this is becoming more and more infrequent), and to watch the progress of new programs to fill the void left by FH's demise. I have acquired two vector apps that fill most of my needs currently, at a price well below Adobe's tax.
My Flickr | Snaptophobic Bloggage
Imagic Design. Good design, no compromise.
"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
vaa

Post by vaa »

thu: indeed, I'd like you all to share your attitudes.

Imo some public noise is appropriate. The negotiation result is so derisory – and onerous – that I think A. should be shamed for it. I'd also like a detailed report on how it was reached and what it's “nondiscloseable“ terms are. I would even be willing to pay to see details published. I also think it is utterly unethical and possibly unlawful to keep them secret.

BTW, (if you didn't guess): I won't use the discount. It is a piece of corporate sarcasm, to put it mildly.