[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Personal discount code
Change font size
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 am

FreeHand

Personal discount code

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.

Personal discount code

Postby vaa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 pm

You'll hopefully forgive me for being curious. I've seen such an amount of dismay over the agreement with A. and I am as dismayed as any of you, so I would like to know:
1: what are you going to do with the “discount”? Use it or trash it?
2: who is willing to give up any agreement with A. in exchange for being able to learn (and perhaps make public) what their true motives/justifications are (i.e. disregard the nondisclosure agreement)? No idea if this is feasible without heavy penalties, though.
vaa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Personal discount code

Postby FFH Thü » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:58 am

If you mean to ask each members handling on this: I do not use that "discount". I have an older version of AI around, thats enough to get files over to FH. And I will never give up FH. I can stay on Snow Leopard as long as I need FH. Anyway, I only see negative developments in newer Mac OS versions, their goal seems to be a closed system, like on the iPhone. Dont ever need that.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby Snaptophobic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:23 am

I have "trashed" it. I have no desire to purchase newer versions of Adobe's software, even at a paltry discount.

I am content to move on with a legacy Mac to run FreeHand (sadly, this is becoming more and more infrequent), and to watch the progress of new programs to fill the void left by FH's demise. I have acquired two vector apps that fill most of my needs currently, at a price well below Adobe's tax.
|

"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
Snaptophobic

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby vaa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:32 pm

thu: indeed, I'd like you all to share your attitudes.

Imo some public noise is appropriate. The negotiation result is so derisory – and onerous – that I think A. should be shamed for it. I'd also like a detailed report on how it was reached and what it's “nondiscloseable“ terms are. I would even be willing to pay to see details published. I also think it is utterly unethical and possibly unlawful to keep them secret.

BTW, (if you didn't guess): I won't use the discount. It is a piece of corporate sarcasm, to put it mildly.
vaa

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum