Snow Leopard & The Cloud

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
Bernie

Snow Leopard & The Cloud

Post by Bernie »

I know this isn't directly related to FreeHand, but because of having to still use FreeHand I'm using Snow Leopard. I have a Mobile Me account which Apple is about to end & require me to switch to iCloud which won't work on Snow Leopard. Does anyone have an answer to how to deal with this?
Snaptophobic

Re: Snow Leopard & The Cloud

Post by Snaptophobic »

Besides losing all the useful MobileMe storage stuff, the main bugbear is transferring email, and that's possible - apparently - by using an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad that's linked to your MobileMe account.

Another, slightly more long-winded, method is to install Lion on an external hard drive, migrate, then step back to Snow Leopard when it's done.

For my part I bit the bullet and sidegraded to Lion. I'm lucky in that I have a PPC Mac that still runs FreeHand, and that my FreeHand use has subsided enough I can afford not to have it on my main system any more. :cry:
My Flickr | Snaptophobic Bloggage
Imagic Design. Good design, no compromise.
"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
dailyfreehand

Re: Snow Leopard & The Cloud

Post by dailyfreehand »

hello fellow freehander,

you might want to try this:

[url]http://eggfreckles.net/notes/bringing-icloud-to-snow-leopard/
[/url]

…or you could pick another cloud. i rely on a mixture of dropbox, custom (folder)scripts and 3rd party apps.

there are a lot of old-time mac users who find the iOSification of their beloved mac troublesome. i myself have lately grown more and more platform agnostic. rather unwillingly i'm forming an exit strategy. it might be that one of these days i'm using freehand on windows 8. that would be my first time on windows ever.

and there is always the option of collecting a pile of old powerbooks and frying them one by one.

never give up freehand!