After years of using Freehand

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
oles

Re: After years of using Freehand

Post by oles »

gusto wrote:Every time I try Illustrator, I get sick. I had high hopes when they added the like-Freehand option, something like CS3 or CS4, but it's not Freehand. I need the drag and drop eyedropper, the CMYK slider mixer, all the easy tools like trace click and 3D-lens, and all the glorious tools I take for granted till I'm trying to use Illustrator. There will never be another Freehand.
Hi, everyone :) I'm a newbie here and I found this forum trying to see if there is a way to trick AI CS6 in order to open/import freehand files. I mean, I already read on adobe.com that CS6 doesn't open FH anymore, but I hoped maybe I could copy/paste the CS 5 plugin into CS 6 plugin folder... no way! Well, so I kept searching about Freehand because I miss so much Freehand that I can't tell!
Then I saw a line in this post - I quoted above - that went straight to my heart :)
Anyway, I'm glad to find out (even late!) that are so many Freehand lovers :) like me.
I still believe that Freehand was the greatest illustration program - simple and powerful, easy to use, neat, clear, clever, smart etc etc etc.
Even I don't know, and I never will, the people who made literally this program, I thought often about them and how smart they must be.
Unfortunately in this world all incline to be about money...

ps. I saw a post that say there is no Freehand like workspace in CS 6 - tip: arrange manually the panels, freehand like, than save the workspace, give it a name, and you'll be able to use it as you like it - at least on Mac :)