[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Is Freehand MX available to download?
Change font size
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 am

FreeHand

Is Freehand MX available to download?

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.

Is Freehand MX available to download?

Postby shaunforward » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Is Freehand MX available to download? I'd like to repurchase it for my G5 which is still running Leopard 10.5.8. But having upgraded my MacBook Pro to Lion (doh!) I can no longer use Freehand MX on the laptop. Unfortunately the program on my G5 died in a hard disc crash a year ago.
I am absolutely dismayed to find out that the Freehand has been bought and buried!!! It's the BEST!
shaunforward

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Is Freehand MX available to download?

Postby FFH Mark » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:36 pm

FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby shaunforward » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply and advise me Mark. I was hoping to access Freehand via a source other than Adobe - and what a price!! are they having a laugh??? £375!
Thanks again though…
shaunforward

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby shaunforward » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 am

I have found that I do actually have Freehand still installed on my mac in a timemachine backup - but when I open the program, I am asked for the registration details etc. This is a problem for me as I no longer have it! I have not pirated the software: I purchased the mac and the software when working for another business, I then moved to another business and paid a job lot for the second hand mac and all software, but did not check that I had all the installation CDs. Is there any way I can re-enable the licence? PS: I've tried to use Illustrator in the absence of Freehand - but I just can't BEAR it!!!!!!! aghhhhhhhhhh!
shaunforward

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby matz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:06 am

The problem might be OSX. There exists a Adobe workaround with a modified registration file. Try this:
http://helpx.adobe.com/freehand/kb/cant ... x-mac.html
http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/e ... ration.zip
matz

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum