Is Freehand MX available to download?

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
shaunforward

Is Freehand MX available to download?

Post by shaunforward »

Is Freehand MX available to download? I'd like to repurchase it for my G5 which is still running Leopard 10.5.8. But having upgraded my MacBook Pro to Lion (doh!) I can no longer use Freehand MX on the laptop. Unfortunately the program on my G5 died in a hard disc crash a year ago.
I am absolutely dismayed to find out that the Freehand has been bought and buried!!! It's the BEST!
shaunforward

Re: Is Freehand MX available to download?

Post by shaunforward »

Thanks for taking the time to reply and advise me Mark. I was hoping to access Freehand via a source other than Adobe - and what a price!! are they having a laugh??? £375!
Thanks again though…
shaunforward

Post by shaunforward »

I have found that I do actually have Freehand still installed on my mac in a timemachine backup - but when I open the program, I am asked for the registration details etc. This is a problem for me as I no longer have it! I have not pirated the software: I purchased the mac and the software when working for another business, I then moved to another business and paid a job lot for the second hand mac and all software, but did not check that I had all the installation CDs. Is there any way I can re-enable the licence? PS: I've tried to use Illustrator in the absence of Freehand - but I just can't BEAR it!!!!!!! aghhhhhhhhhh!
matz

Post by matz »

The problem might be OSX. There exists a Adobe workaround with a modified registration file. Try this:
http://helpx.adobe.com/freehand/kb/cant ... x-mac.html
http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/e ... ration.zip