FreeHand License for Court Case

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
Head

Re: FreeHand License for Court Case

Post by Head »

Hi everybody,

Just by way of encouragement I thought I too would let everyone know that I have just responded to this request and submitted full details of all our FreeHand purchases, going back to version 5.0, for use by the courts and lawyers involved in this worthy case.

I would encourage anybody with any reservations about doing this to consider the implications of not doing so. We MUST demonstrate out legitimacy if we want the courts to take us all seriously.

If you're a serious FreeHand user, and you really want this wonderful program to stay alive, please support this brave venture.

None of us have anything at all to lose by doing this. So please don't just leave it to 'everybody else'.

Keep the faith!

Best wishes to all,

Head
jage

Post by jage »

Another thought based on newsletter 16: During the discovery phase is FreeFreeHand.org requesting all purchase information of FreeHand since 1.0?

Seems only fair we should get all the names and serials of all the people who purchased the software, not only for trend analysis but to contact all the people who haven't found FreeFreeHand.org yet, and don't know there is a fight going on to get it back.

Last, when is the due date for submitting? I plan to at least submit my 4.0 and 7.0 info and don't want to miss the cutoff.
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

jage, the deadline is in February but FFH is encouraging fast responses from members so as to compile all the data from thousands of members. And yes, getting a history of FreeHand from members is part of the process. However, based on the difficulty of finding that old information, do the best you can if all you have is a reg. #.

Myself, I go back to first owning version 3.5 and have no idea where I bought it or the price, so I used my reg. # and the retail price from old product reviews. I had the same problem with my copies of v. 5.5 and v.7.

As to your second question about obtaining Adobe's records during discovery... I fully agree!
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

I'm still encouraging resistant members to register your copy(s) of FreeHand despite your suspicions. We can only tell you how the form should be filled out but it's up to you to follow those directions or to do it your own way. You decide. In the end, we need a response from every member: http://www.freefreehand.org/court/form.php