Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 am

FreeHand

2012 Greetings to all FH users

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.

2012 Greetings to all FH users

Postby art101 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 pm

I've been following the news at FreeFreeHand and can't begin to express my appreciation for your work. I'll go out on a limb here to say that Adobe probably isn't intensionally trying to enrage its customers ... it's just another sad corporate monster that lost its way. Adobe needs to revisit its original mission and serve its customers as well as it's serving its stockholders. I hope the lawsuit will help smack Adobe back into some sort of corporate sanity and ethical behavior. Probably not, but one can hope.

Meanwhile, best wishes to all FreeHand users for a fabulous 2012. To see current Art101 projects designed with FreeHand, please stop in at our site: http://www.art101.com

Further! Ever further.
"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."
art101

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: 2012 Greetings to all FH users

Postby FFH Thü » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 pm

"Adobe needs to revisit its original mission and serve its customers as well" - this is very unlikely to happen with a company who has so much lost touch with its customers. It is always preferable to have one company dedicated to max. 1-3 products. But Adobe, besides of all the apps, has fonts, PS, PDF, and other more stuff. They began with Fonts and Postscript, as far as I recall, and they should have sticked with this only, as obviously everything else is too much for them to handle. I mean, look at their "Indesign"; its so pathetic.
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: 2012 Greetings to all FH users

Postby art101 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks, FFH Thü. You're exactly on point. Things fell apart at Adobe when it became more interested in stockholders than its core customers and original mission. Adobe became a bloated monster, shoving profitable junk at the marketplace instead of making good tools to serve art, typography and design ... a perfect example of corporate greed and desire run amok.

IMHO, InDesign (and the entire CS "suite") is an awful mess. Unintuitive interface, lots of bugs and lumpy code, routine unexplainable crashes, bloated files, insanely expensive ... a total wreck. I can't begin to understand why anybody with a brain in their head would buy this crap. Whatever.

Meanwhile, FreeHand still works - despite Adobe's unfortunate corporate decision to kill it. It still works (albeit slightly stunted) even though there's been no real update since Adobe gobbled it up in a corporate buyout which the FTC should never have allowed. Amazing.

I use FH every day. It's an indispensable tool in my design arsenal. Latest examples of real world FreeHand include updates on a website for an independent short film ... "Just Out of Reach" ... http://www.petegalaxieproductions.com/justoutofreach (logo, website design layout, movie poster, and all related vector graphics designed with FH MX v 11 by yours truly).
"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."
art101

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum