Warranty?

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
mgurgun

Warranty?

Post by mgurgun »

I've "purchased" my last copy of Freehand at 2003. It has "only" been 8 years.
Although i am not familiar with the US laws, in many of the EU countries consumer protection laws makes it an obligation for the seller/producer to provide sufficient services to keep the product operational for "10 years".
According to EU laws Adobe "must" provide a way to make Freehand run on the recent OS.
Adobe did this very same thing with Postscript print drivers (did not update the drivers for the new os) back in 2003 and we had to trash 2 A3+ photo printers back then although they were only 10 months old.
Maybe someone who is good with US consumer laws can find an opportunity for us while we are waiting.
FFH Mark

Re: Warranty?

Post by FFH Mark »

Since reading your post back in September, I've been asking around for more info from UK users. There seems to be some validity to what you posted and I would like to know more. What have you found on the 10 year operational obligation? Is this specific information online?

Adobe has headquarters all over Europe and the FreeHand user base is very large there. If anyone else reading this has further information on EU anti-competition law and customer protection that can be used in favor of FreeHand, please add your comments. Also, if you know someone who is aware of EU consumer laws, anti-competitive practices, and monopolies, ask for information. Email to info@freefreehand.org

Wikipedia on European Union competition law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_U ... tition_law