[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Freehand, Snow Leopard and mid-2010 Mac Pro
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:41 pm

FreeHand

Freehand, Snow Leopard and mid-2010 Mac Pro

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.

Freehand, Snow Leopard and mid-2010 Mac Pro

Postby matmat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 pm

I just purchased a refurbished Mac Pro last week from Apple. It is new but refurbished and is is one of the machines originally released about 1 year ago:

Mac Pro 5,1
released originally August 2010
2.4 GHz, 8 cores

I would really like to use Freehand on this machine as I did on my older Mac Pro but this one shipped with Lion on it and I'm wondering if this machine will boot in Snow Leopard so that I can install that and run Freehand? I'm thinking Snow Leopard was still the latest OS at the time when this particular machine originally shipped so that it may still be able to be reverted to Snow Leopard rather than Lion? Or is it not possible to install anything older than Lion on this machine.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
matmat

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand, Snow Leopard and mid-2010 Mac Pro

Postby p_allan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:42 am

I think you might want to go to the Apple website to get an answer to this question. I do have Snow Leopard and using the direction on the home page of this site, I can finally print my FreeHand files! Yea!
p_allan

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby longtran » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:01 am

longtran

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby longtran » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 am

you can have a look here on how to downgrade lion

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2C2817% ... 4%2C00.asp
longtran

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby applejon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:03 pm

All mac pro will work with snow leopard (10.6x). Make sure that you have backups all your data before either the installation / updating. you may need to use the Startup Manager to boot the operating system .
applejon

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum