FREE FREEHAND'S LATEST MOVE

Philosophical, ethical, political and legal discussion about FreeHand.
MARK FRASER

FREE FREEHAND'S LATEST MOVE

Post by MARK FRASER »

Hello to all who support the future of freehand...It's been a long time since I posted anything on any of our forums...

but I really feel the need to right now!

this is a HUGE, HUGE THANKYOU! to the guys here at FREE FREEHAND who are putting the wheels in motion and making things happen!

I need FREEHAND!.... WE need FREEHAND!... OUR future NEEDS FREEHAND!

THANKS again...

mark
FFH Mark

Re: FREE FREEHAND'S LATEST MOVE

Post by FFH Mark »

Hey Mark! Good to see you here... it's been a while. And "thanks" for your "thanks." FYI, there are so MANY volunteers who have got us where we are today. You helped!

— Mark
MARK FRASER

Post by MARK FRASER »

Thanks FFH Mark...
I will keep on spreading the word...

Mark, I believe there are still so many designers out there who aren't members here at free freehand. Those same guys will still be using freehand quietly with a sense of themselves becoming out of date and out of touch... or even worse they will have been forced into using ILL out of necessity. it's sad!

This happened to a couple of friends of mine from up here in Newcastle a few years ago... not only were they forced to drop macs for pc's but at the same time they were also deprived of freehand in an instant!... although they just about manage to get by using ILL now, I know how much they (and myself) need to see the freedom and creativity that is freehand set free!

I am one of the lucky ones who still has the freedom to use freehand every day... and I couldn't be without it... as is the case with an old design friend I know from London... he too uses freehand on a daily basis to design album covers for artists which include Pink Floyd...
I used to work with these guys when I first left college and they were using freehand then and still are to this day...

we need to get all these silent freehanders on board if we can!

it's quite simply not an option to see freehand die!
a happy future depends on it.

thanks Mark,

mark f
ArieKaptein

Post by ArieKaptein »

To let Adobe know that Freehand is still wanted, why don't we all download the demo version of Freehand MX?
Interesting part is that you get a Welcome mail from Macromedia ;-)
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

ArieKaptein wrote:To let Adobe know that Freehand is still wanted, why don't we all download the demo version of Freehand MX?
Interesting part is that you get a Welcome mail from Macromedia ;-)
This is a late reply because I somehow missed it.
Arie, this would have been a fantastic project right after the postcard blitz last year (http://freefreehand.wordpress.com/2010/ ... spiration/). It would have been added pressure and demonstrated the interest in FreeHand. Because the class action is underway, doing this now would hurt our "objectivity" in the case. It is best to stay neutral and deal only with the Facts.

Thanks.
FFH Bez

Post by FFH Bez »

Yes, frustrating as it is having to resist "stirring the pot" in ways that may help influence Adobe, Mark is right: most things we might think of all have the potential to jeopardize the legal action. This explains the period of "apparent inactivity" by the group leading up to the filing. And now. I can say that any actions that would not directly reflect the views or opinions of anyone directly involved in the legal action, are the responsibility of those individuals. We cannot tell any member what to do from this point forward.
Snaptophobic

Post by Snaptophobic »

Has anyone approached the EU about this?

I seem to recall Microsoft being in all kinds of trouble with the EU a few years ago. Perhaps Adobe can be made to jump through hoops as well?
My Flickr | Snaptophobic Bloggage
Imagic Design. Good design, no compromise.
"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Snaptophobic wrote:Has anyone approached the EU about this?
I seem to recall Microsoft being in all kinds of trouble with the EU a few years ago. Perhaps Adobe can be made to jump through hoops as well?
Not that I recall. We are focused on the USA since Adobe is headquartered in California. What is Adobe's corporate presence in Europe?
Snaptophobic

Post by Snaptophobic »

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

They seem to have a headquarters in every European country. I have no idea if any one of them acts as a European HQ. :x
My Flickr | Snaptophobic Bloggage
Imagic Design. Good design, no compromise.
"Let my windows be open to receive new ideas but let me also be strong enough not to be blown away by them." - Mahatma Gandhi.
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

That is quite a list of offices. This one in particular is interesting:

Adobe Systems Europe Ltd
3 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park
Uxbridge
UB11 1AY
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 0 208 606 1100
Fax: +44 0 208 606 4004