Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 pm

OSXFH-Parallels support

Keyboard issues in Freehand

Support and infos for OSXFH, the FreeHand/Parallels package for newer versions of OSX

Moderator: lovejoy

Keyboard issues in Freehand

Postby Culp Design » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:14 am

My install is working very well for the most part, and its not too slow either, pleased all around.

In Freehand, having lots of keyboard issues, mostly it seems to not like hotkeys, and I have to hit the keyboard multiple times or very hard for commands to work/activate. Many times I feel its the shift key that is the culprit. Happens at 2 stations, so 2 different keyboards as I have a Mac Book Pro with an external keyboard setup. Thoughts?

Steve
Culp Design

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Keyboard issues in Freehand

Postby lovejoy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:51 pm

I think it has to do with keyboard settings in the Parallels setup.

There are 2 modes - Optimize for games / Don't optimize for games. try the Don't optimize for games setting. This is in the settings before you launch the VM - look for the gearbox next to the OSXFH icon in the Control Center window

Second - Increase the key Repeat sensitivity in HostOs/System preferences/Keyboard - keyboard tab.

Third - We got used to going a little slower on the keyboard and giving the shift command a little breather when changing tools while holding shift down. Think of it as double clutching in old car gearboxes.
lovejoy

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby erdesign » Wed May 09, 2018 3:36 pm

My biggest issue on this subject is that Caps Lock doesn't work in the VM environment. That goes for the latest Apple wireless keyboard as well as an older corded keyboard.
erdesign

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby daveleo76 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:36 am

Just installed OSXFH-Parallels and just noticed that the caps lock key isn't working on my FH also. Were you able to fix this? Thanks!
daveleo76

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby lovejoy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi all
We have a workaround for the Caps Lock issue
see link below:
http://osxfh.com/caps-lock-issues-workaround/
lovejoy

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby FFH Thü » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am

This is precisely my problem too. I was using command key with the path tool all the time. Shift-scale also. Now it feels like I am missing a finger!

My keyboard set is already "not for games". And its not working. How did you solve this?
FFH Thü
Site Admin

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby lovejoy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 pm

These features work
There is a lag in rendering the tooltips which creates the illusion of not functioning.
Example: In Pen tool - depressing the Command Key turns the pen into temporary cursor/pointer - till the command key is released and pen tool resumes.

This works but the Pen tool mousepoint doesn't turn in to the black cursor till the pathpoint you want to manipulate is clicked.
lovejoy

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to OSXFH-Parallels support

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum