[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Best way to install virtual system for a techno-numptie
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm

Virtual systems and FreeHand

Best way to install virtual system for a techno-numptie

All about running FreeHand inside a virtual system on more recent Macs with OS 10.7 or newer.

Best way to install virtual system for a techno-numptie

Postby JulesV » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi all, am totally hopeless with technology but need to give this a go now.
I have Snow Leopard Install disks but read you need the server version?
Found these instructions, don't think I could do Parallels without some help.
My son is giving me his old Intel Mac so I can keep my other Macs as they are running Freehand until I've got this sussed.
http://osxdaily.com/2011/11/17/install-run-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-in-virtual-machine-on-lion/
Think the newer Mac is on OSX Mavericks, any advice greatly appreciated, very phobic about anything Terminal :-)
JulesV

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Best way to install virtual system for a techno-numptie

Postby FFH Mark » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Sorry for the late reply but we have been discussing your situation—that is similar to others—for running FreeHand on newer Macs. Testing a new Intel setup for using FreeHand in the newer Mac OS's that is easy to install, cost a reasonable price, and is fast and effective. JulesV, if you are interested, would you kindly PM me. —Mark
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby lovejoy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 am

Hi Jules

Our solution for a simple virtual System for running FH on newer macs is up and running. It is available at: www.OSXFH.com
Please go to there to learn more.

We will be supporting the OSXFH solution here on the forum and via the osxfh website.

Thank you
Lovejoy
lovejoy

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Postby erdesign » Wed May 09, 2018 4:59 pm

I can heartily recommend Lovejoy's services in getting you up and running with Freehand on the latest Macs in High Sierra. I can attest that without him I would not have been able to use Freehand on my new MacBook Pro, the installation just wouldn't work and I was on the verge of giving up.

Following a bit of a transition period where I slowly weened myself off a reliance on the comfort on my 2010 27" iMac, I'm now creating all my graphics work in Freehand within the Snow Leopard Server environment in Parallels 13. Once my projects are completed I export as a PDF or occasionally a .ai file and either send out the PDF, or convert to Illustrator CS5. Often these files are migrating into a Photoshop file for further development coupled with images.

While their have been some quirks and frustrations with using Freehand this way in 2018, I'm grateful that it's still possible to do so!

I'm philosophically opposed to Adobe's subscription model and don't believe that I need what they have to offer at present. However I do live in a world where my work must be shared with other designers who do use CC, so it's possible I may one day have to subscribe if only for file translations, time will tell...
erdesign

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Virtual systems and FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum