Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

Virtual systems and FreeHand

Cursor problems running FH in PD11 with Snow Leopard Server

All about running FreeHand inside a virtual system on more recent Macs with OS 10.7 or newer.

Cursor problems running FH in PD11 with Snow Leopard Server

Postby j9mosely » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm running Freehand in a virtual Snow Leopard Server machine using Parallels Desktop 11. It mostly works ok, but I have a problem with the tools that change the cursor to a cross shape (line, rectangle, polygon). The cursor changes to a cross when I turn the tool on, but as I drag the mouse around the cross remains fixed. If I complete the action, a line or rectangle or whatever is drawn based on my mouse movements, but since I can't see the cursor I have no idea what I'm drawing until I'm done. It's not a show stopper because I can switch back to the select tool, grab the object or its points and move them to where I want, but it's pretty annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.
j9mosely

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Cursor problems running FH in PD11 with Snow Leopard Ser

Postby pilutz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:13 am

i'm just thinking to upgrade to elcapitan and upgrading parallels also; because on osx 10.9.5 FH > it doesn't work perfectly (like on my old noisy macbook.) It's full of bugs, can' even select dots sometimes... just wondering if upgrading to el capitan shoul help bugs problem...
or if it is a good or a bad idea

thank you very much
pilutz

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Virtual systems and FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum