Cannot install Freehand MX with Crossover 15

All about running FreeHand inside a virtual system on more recent Macs with OS 10.7 or newer.
John Gillham

Cannot install Freehand MX with Crossover 15

Post by John Gillham »

Freehand MX
Crossover 15
OSX Yosemite

I've been trying to install using the software above but to no avail. Crossover doesn't find an installable file on the Studio MX install disk - all are greyed out. Any ideas?
FFH Mark

Re: Cannot install Freehand MX with Crossover 15

Post by FFH Mark »

Mine is working in Crossover but if I recall I didn't use my disk. I think I downloaded the FreeHand MX trial and installed it that way. Used my serial # to make the trial a full version.
lovejoy

Post by lovejoy »

Try using the migration assistant in snow leopard server 10.6.8. Applications/utilities
Bringing in your 10.6.x user & applications folders from previous computer or a time machine backup.
This will install all rosetta apps and all support files including serial no.s in the right place on 10.6.8 server within the software emulator.

You can limit the migration to just those folders
John Gillham

Post by John Gillham »

Can only find updater without going to dodgy sites which might give me more than I baragined for. CNET sends you to a defunct adobe page.
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

John Gillham wrote:Can only find updater without going to dodgy sites which might give me more than I baragined for. CNET sends you to a defunct adobe page.

Go to the FreeHand Forum home page and click on the Downloads button. You will find it there along with other cool stuff. http://www.freehandforum.org/
John Gillham

Post by John Gillham »

Got it - thanks. I should have looked there. I have now got it installed and added Windows 7 fonts. Interesting times ahead seeing what works and what doesn't. :D
FFH Mark

Post by FFH Mark »

Yes, definitely reply back on how it works for you and any glitches you find. I have an older Crossover and I notice that my alignment panel won't always show.
John Gillham

Post by John Gillham »

Will do.