[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FreeHand Forum • View topic - Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Leopar
Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 pm

Virtual systems and FreeHand

Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Leopar

All about running FreeHand inside a virtual system on more recent Macs with OS 10.7 or newer.

Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Leopar

Postby gesplus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

I am doing some testing to see how Freehand will function in Snow Leopard in Parallels 9 in preparation of moving to Mavericks. Freehand opens and runs, but if I try to open any files made in FH under my regular Snow Leopard installation they are greyed out.

If I create a FH file in Parallels and try to open it in FH in regular SL same thing, using the Open command in FH the files are greyed out.

I did a get info in FH Parallels and chose Open With FH, Change All button, but no luck.

Double clicking the file opens FH but the file doesn't open.

I tried rebuilding the LaunchServices in SL in Parallels..

To add another twist, I tried the same files on another machine with Parallels and FH, now neither file will open, even the one I created on the FH installation in Parallels.

Any ideas?

Thx.
gesplus

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Le

Postby FFH Mark » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:43 pm

What if you add the extension ".fh11" or ".fh10" (depending on which version of FH you are using) to all your files?

I'm not using Parallels but I found this worked when I moved to Mavericks and my files wouldn't open.
FFH Mark

FFH Mark

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Re: Freehand in Parallels won't open files from real Snow Le

Postby gesplus » Fri May 08, 2015 2:34 am

Okay, that's a big nudge in the right direction. Thx. Adding .fh11 works. I can do a batch change.

It seems it has something to do with file Types not parsing in Parallels/SL.

In Parallels FileBuddy shows no Type, but it does show fh11 Creator. That's on both FH files copied to the virtual machine, and from FH files stored on the shared OS X boot disk. Inside of regular 10.9.5 OS X FileBuddy sees the Type, AGD6 on the files.

If I change the file Type of files on the virtual machine to AGD6 I get the pretty FH icon and they open fine, but we won't be storing files on the virtual machine of course.

Since parallels has a problem with file Types it seems that a .fh11 file name will be the ticket.

Thx.
gesplus

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Freehand in Parallels wont open files from real Snow Leopar

Postby PanasonicDen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi Roger.
Unplug all drives, memory, everything you can apart from video presumed on m'board? and keyboard.
See if you can get into BIOS.
Perhaps try another PSU?

Good luck, Frank, G0GSR
PanasonicDen

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

Return to Virtual systems and FreeHand

Subscribe to Feed

User Control Panel

Login

FreeHand Forum