Gravit—Screen and Illustration Design—2015

All about creating a new vector graphics application based on FreeHands features
FFH Mark

Gravit—Screen and Illustration Design—2015

Post by FFH Mark »

Gravit is coming out in a big way. I just looked at the updated website and it is impressive. Clearly they are moving to UI design (like Fireworks) but having used the demo, there is a lot of FreeHand in it. Probably one of the smoothest pen tools I've used.

After a rocky start with Quasado's attempt to build a FreeHand replacement, they have come up with something unique. I'm not sure how an online illustration tools will work with my desktop workflow but it may be easier than it seems in concept. I noticed that using early Gravit demos was actually easy to create some impressive graphics. As a FreeHand user, there was plenty of similarities but that makes sense as Fireworks also worked along the FreeHand toolset and flow. Gravit is actively using FW as it's inspiration.

Go to the Gravit website and see what you think. There is a lot there and folks are creating some good artwork. I added a couple designs below.: http://www.gravit.io/
Attachments
gravit-art2
gravit-art2
gravit-icons.png (130.21 KiB) Viewed 43244 times
gravit-art1
gravit-art1
gravit-geodog.jpeg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 43245 times